Saturday, June 13, 2009

Summer time!

Summer is my most favorite season! To me, it seems like a long, long party where there is just a ton of fun stuff going on every day, like baseball, swimming, camps, parties, cookouts, bike-riding, walks/hikes, playground dates, dog-parks...ect ect. And, we usually do not do a whole lot of "schooling" in the summer, although this summer I would like to do some. I bought the "Math U See" program for the oldest 4 kids to keep working on their math this summer. I just noticed that 3-4 months of doing no math school work made them forget so much by September. I am also hoping to keep up with their reading this summer with some fun books. I usually have a big box of books labeled "Summer Reading", fill it with all sorts of books that we did not have time to read during the school year and whenever the kids complain they have nothing to do, we go and find a book from that box.

Most nights already we are at the ball-fields. All 5 kids are playing baseball and or t-ball this year, so we have a number of teams we need to follow, and keep track of. It's really insane. But, Ken and I really enjoy watching them all play, and they look so cute out there on the fields. This weekend, Oliver, who is also on our city's travel baseball team, had his first tournament. They won 2 out of 3 games today, so he is playing again tomorrow morning for the semi-finals. Oliver's batting average was .429 today in the tournament, and he played left-field. Good luck tomorrow Oliver!


Here are the boys' before and after photos with their "summer haircuts"!
Before.....

...and after!

No comments: