Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The last weeks...

Here we are, at 37 weeks. This pregnancy has flown. I am trying to appreciate and cherish these last weeks, but to be truthful, I am very big and uncomfortable...but I am also having fun with this all. I saw my midwife today and things are progressing well, and baby and I are staying healthy and strong. I have been having a lot of contractions this week. In fact, I thought I was in labor yesterday, even though it would have been a little early (3 weeks before due date). I was having contractions all day, and called my midwife. We waited things out a bit...and things slowed down eventually. Pam, my midwife, says that the more babies you have, the more "false" labors you get. Oh great. I hope I eventually know when it's real...in time for her to get there. Pam says I will. Watch...I'll probably go to my due date with this one or even be late...after all this thinking and worrying that I'll be early.


Pam gave me the "Birth" rock to take home. When Pam's clients are close to giving birth, she gives them the "Birth" rock to hold on to. It's a symbol that birth is coming soon. I remember I got it right before Kateri was born. I took a photo of Kateri with the rock next to her shortly after her birth.

I am having my family give me their guesses on the baby's sex, weight and birth date. It's a neat list I am compiling to save for baby in the future. I did the same thing with the other kids. It's fun to see who gets the closest guesses. Most people are guessing boy...probably about 70-80% are. I am actually switching my guess to girl now...because of that and also because I think I need to stick with my original guess...way back in the first trimester when I thought it was a girl. I can't wait to find out. Either way, this baby is going to be welcomed into a big, loving family that can not wait to wrap their arms around her/him! I am glad that I am starting to get very excited about the birth....labor pains and all!

No comments: