
Some of the Preschool girls at Homeschool Co-op: Kateri, Luanna, Emersyn, Sri and Augustine.

Another shot of my 5 kiddos at the new City Hall building.
We are back into the swing of things with homeschooling (after the holidays) and have started back with our Homeschool Co-op classes. Isaiah and Jeremy are taking a Photography class, Lego building class and Vegetarian Cooking. Isaiah is also taking a fun, history celebration class and Jeremy is taking an arts/crafts class too. Each child takes 4 classes on Tuesday. Oliver is taking a Science experiments class, a couple different Arts/Crafts classes and reading class. The girls are in the Preschool classes, which consist of arts/crafts and reading/phonics classes. I am co-teaching for the Vegetarian Cooking and am also teaching one of the arts/crafts Preschool classes. The girls are with me half the day.
I am feeling well. The baby is moving around a lot...pretty much any time I think about him/her, the baby will move. I've been having lots of the Braxton Hicks contractions as well, which make it difficult to sit in the same position for very long. Seems like the contractions come mostly in the evenings.
We thought we were set on names....but currently, we are still deciding on names for boys. We've pretty much had the girls' name set since the beginning, even though our boys are not crazy about it. I've found it is difficult to decide on a name that all of us like. Ken and I pretty much agree on all the names...it's getting the kids to like the names that is hard! We thought we had a boys name picked, but the boys are still protesting. Ken and I like Elliot. The boys want Anikan (after the Star Wars character). Jeremy has already started mean nicknames, like "Smelly-it" and said he will call the baby that if we name him Elliot! Brat! I do think that the boys will get over it and accept the name eventually...but we're thinking maybe we should have a "compromise name", that we all like, if that's possible.
Lately, Ken and I both are having strong, strong feelings that this baby is a boy. So, now we are really paying closer attention to deciding on this boys name. The "compromise" name that we are thinking about now is Daniel. Ken and I both like this name as well, and all the kids are also fine with this name. We still are not set on a middle name yet. As middle names, we've considered Francis, Jacob, Jesse, Jeffrey....and more. So, all you family and friends out there, who are reading these posts....Elliot or Daniel? And, give us some fun thoughts on middle names too.
For a girl, we have picked out Miriam Francis. The boys (esp Isaiah) do not like the name Miriam. He wants Casady or Juliet for the first name. I like those names as well, but have had my heart set on Miriam for awhile. Again...thoughts on these names as well from all of you.
With all our other pregnancies/babies, the kids were too young to have any opinions on names...but now since they actually have opinions, it is making this name decision process harder for me and Ken.
Thanks in advance!

Isaiah, Jeremy and Oliver with cousin, Ashley and Aunt Diana, who was leaving to go back to college (Univ of Virginia) after Xmas Break.

Kateri and Luanna with Morgan, our big black lab, who is also a great pillow.
2 comments:
Betsy,
I like Elliott, but if you put the initial together you would have (sigh) E.T. Daniel is a classic.
IF you go with Francis as a middle name, the usual feminine version is Frances.
Miriam Elizabeth has a nice ring to it.
Janet
Why not name the baby if is a boy Daniel Elliot? That way both names are used and he won't be called smelly-it. As the first comment says Miriam Elizabeth does sound nice. It has been wonderful following your journet to Luanna. My daughter has adopted two little girls from China and that is how I found you on you belong.
Post a Comment