Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Too much packing!
I did something extremely stupid this past weekend! At work, we are moving to a new building, so everyone is packing up their offices. There are boxes everywhere and I am also busy packing up my own little office, and files and books. Once you start packing, you realize how much you do have. Well, I was in the office alone this weekend (with 5 kids, it seems the only real time I can put in is in the evenings and weekends), and was packing and moving boxes a lot. I was loading and moving boxes like crazy, not even realizing or thinking that maybe I should not be exerting all this energy and doing this, with being 6 months pregged. Moving huge 20-30 lb boxes all over the place can do some damage on a pregnant lady I guess. I also was searching for things in boxes that someone in the office needed (and had already packed)...that was a hopeless and useless search for me. After about 20 minutes or so, I started experiencing SEVERE pain in my belly. I seriously found it difficult to walk and the pain was quite intense. I think I pulled some muscles near my big belly. I sat down and called Ken, and he was quite upset with me that I had done this, although Ken really never gets mad...he was just worried. I honestly forget about being pregnant sometimes or just feel like I can pretty much do anything anytime, despite being pregnant or not. I hardly ever get sick or hurt, so I sometimes feel like a Super-Woman, which, in this case could have killed me or Baby T. I knew I had to drop what I was doing and just head home. Once I was in the car, contractions hit me non stop. I was soooo scared that I was in pre-term labor! It was difficult to drive, so thank goodness I live only about 7 minutes away from City Hall. Once home, I just lay down and went to bed, but the painful contractions were hitting me non-stop for the next 4-5 hours. It was like real labor. I just kept praying...please don't let me go into labor now...it's too early (25 weeks!)...Baby won't survive yet! I tried to ignore the pain, push it away and just force myself to rest and finally just dropped to sleep late Saturday night. When I woke up on Sunday AM, I felt much better and refreshed and the contractions had obviously stopped. So now I am trying to be much more careful at what I do, how much I lift, and am still wondering how the heck I am going to get the rest of my office packed up now. I think I will head into the office tomorrow during the day (with kids in tow to help) and to have some others in the office help me. We are moving to our new City Hall on Thursday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment