Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Snow, snow, snow!

Well, we are having quite the blizzards here in Cleveland. I am not a snow lover...I am a summer baby and love my SUN! However, we have had a very rainy season lately. Our backyard was seriously flooded over the past few weeks. I was starting to get worried that it would ruin our yard, or even come into our basement. With 7 dogs in the house, a flood and mud in the backyard is terror! So, although I hate snow, it is a welcome reprieve from the rain. I would much rather have this snow building up in the backyard, freezing over the mud and water, than the alternative of rain. I was getting sick and tired of cleaning off muddy dog paws every time they went out. And, my dogs are always wanting to go outside to run and play. So, this works out well for us. Now, if we can only get some more warmth and sun, to dry up all this water, that will be best.

We had Homeschool Co-op today, and quite a large percentage of families called off. Some were sick, but many did not want to chance getting stuck driving out in a bad snowstorm. Luckily, I did not think the driving was too bad. Growing up in Cleveland has really toughened me to driving. I feel I can pretty much drive through any weather and not be too worried.

The kids had fun at co-op today and we all celebrated Valentine's Day. At lunch, the moms all brought in snacks....some healthy, but most were cookies, candy and brownies for the kids. The kids passed out Valentines and Jeremy was thrilled to get a big, home-made Valentine heart from one of his favorite girlfriends...although he'd never admit that to anyone. Isaiah and Jeremy love their Photography class and their teacher told me she thinks they both have a great eye for Photography. She wants to get some of their prints and have them enter some contest..I think she was talking about something like that. Oliver was cute as usual...excited to head out to his classes to pass out all his Valentines to his buddies. He is so independent. I hardly ever see him all day at co-op. He's like "Bye Mom!" in the AM, and I don't see him until the end of the day. He is easily the most social of all the kids. He hardly ever seems to need me for much of anything.

Kateri seemed especially clingy to me today and would not let me out of her sight, which is kind of unusual for her. I hope she is not coming down with something. I stayed with her in all the classes that I could, and in the ones I had to teach in, she stayed with me and refused to go to her class. Luanna was fine, and went to her classes like usual, although she often copies everything Kateri does (YES...it can be very bothersome!), so at one point, I had both of them clinging to me. Other than that, the kids had another enjoyable day at the co-op. I am exhausted though. Tuesdays are hardest for me, since I also work on Tuesday nights. So, I go right from co-op all day to home in the late afternoon, rush to make dinner, and then head out the door to work for the night...taking minutes at meetings for City Council. So, the meetings are over for tonight (it's 10:30pm) and hopefully I am off to bed now!

No comments: