Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Week 35

Thank you to everyone who sent us cards, emails and phone calls on the loss of our Murray. It's hard to believe it's already been a week that he died. At that time we were also dog-sitting for our neighbors 2 dogs, Fanny & Truman. So, we had 8 dogs in the house for 2 weeks (my 6 and our neighbors' 2). So, with Murray dying and then our neighbors coming home this past weekend and picking up their dogs, we are back down to only 5 dogs. It really seems like nothing now, which is actually very nice for me right now. I am feeling exhausted and quite large in these last few weeks of pregnancy. The extra burden of doing anything physically extra would have been very difficult on me. I think Murray must have known that and felt it was his time to go. I do miss him though.

This past week, I have just felt so weak and tired. This is my 35th week of pregnancy. I feel like the baby has grown a lot and is always kicking, moving, contracting. I still have 4-5 weeks until due date, and I know these last weeks will feel like an eternity at times. Sleeping is proving difficult, since it's often hard to breathe when I lie down, although sitting up can be painful on my back too. I miss my exercising and treadmill workouts...that too have gone by the wayside at this point because of too many contractions kicking in when I did that. So, I have been tired, cranky, sore and probably complaining way too much lately. I have to remind myself to be more cheerful and happy...the baby is almost here!

Easter Sunday was busy for us. The kids had their usual "Easter Bunny Egg Hunt" in the AM, in our front yard, then we went to mass at St. Augustine's. It was nice and not too crowded there. Afterwards, we split the day between Ken's parents for lunch and my parents for dinner. It was a loooong day and between church and family visiting, we were gone all day, and did not get home until about 11-12midnight. Luckily for me and the kids, we were able to sleep in on Monday, but poor Ken had to head into work...his usual time of getting up at 4am! I don't know how he does that every day!

Isaiah has turned into quite the movie director. He has gotten into filming lately and has been using my camcorder all week to record "movies" that he wrote and directed, with his siblings as the stars. He just finished making 2 short films today. The girls are soooo cute in these films! I will check with our friend, who is good at hooking up videos to YouTube, to see if he can hook these up for you all to see. For a first time director, they are not too bad and they are quite entertaining. Isaiah named his film company, "Traben Kids Productions".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to read about Murray! What a nice tribute to the handsome little man. It is so hard to lose them. My Molly is getting up there and has chronic UTIs that they cannot figure out. She is a fiesty snot and got crazy viscious when we vaccinated her last week. And I, like you, have to just laugh! I am glad she has that spunk!