Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dinosaurs!






Last week, the kids and I took off and went to the Cleveland Zoo. They had a great exhibit of mechanical dinosaurs there. We had seen them before a couple years ago, and Isaiah, my dino-lover, wanted to see them again. The exhibit was AWESOME! It was very realistic and I love how they had the dinos in realistic plant settings, sticking their heads out of bushes, hunting in the lake, and even one who spit water out at you. Another thing that made them seem real was that they would mechanically move around, growl and make loud dino-noises. There were speakers all over on the trees, so you could hear the dino roars from a distance away. It was just like Jurassic Park!
The boys loved it all and were in their glory! The girls were mortified, which also lead to the humor of it all. I have to admit, seeing them utterly terrified of these fake dinos was pretty darn funny. I had to tell Kateri they were fake, since at one point, she refused to go any further without screaming. I told Luanna also, but she did not understand me and was sitting in the stroller with her hands over her face and mouth, saying "Scary! Scary!". So then, I told her the dinos were nice and that I was going to kiss the dinosaurs and she screamed "NO MOMMY!!". I think she was afraid for my life. Very cute and funny.
So, we made it through the exhibit, with the girls safely tucked in the double stroller. I just did not push them too close to any of the dinos, or there would have been loud screams of horror. Luanna did allow me to take her out at one point and place her on a fake looking dino statue to take a photo, but she was not happy about it, as she kept looking around the exhibit, thinking a dinosaur would run over and grab her. The girls were much happier after we left the dino exhibit and went to check out the peaceful giraffes, elephants and seals. It was a fun day, the weather was perfect and not too hot, like it usually is at the zoo.

1 comment:

colbylobrien said...

Hi, Betsy!

I have been enjoying your new blog, and am so happy to hear about your pregnancy! Congratulations! I also have a new blog at http://www.colbylobrien.wordpress.com and would love to add your website's link to my homepage! Would that be all right with you?

Lois O'Brien (Kara's Mom from You Belong)