Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Elliot's First Days

Elliot...he makes his presence known, that's for sure!

Baby Elliot at 4 days old....so darn cute, with his little smile!!

Elliot is a joy to have around! Granted, he is also a lot of work! He nurses A LOT! Usually, when he is awake, he expects to be nursed...right away. Yesterday, he did remain awake for awhile, and was happy while we all talked and sang to him. He sleeps a lot too, which is great. Once he is asleep for the night (which is usually about 1-2AM), then he will sleep good. I do nurse him through the night, but he remains snuggled close to me all night, and I don't even have to get out of bed when he wakes up to nurse, so I get better sleep that way too. He is very snuggly and his head smells better than anything I can ever imagine. We are still debating over whether his eyes are blue or brown. Only time will tell, but they do seem to be getting darker. Oliver (my only brown eyed boy) is rooting for another brownie! I've also noticed that Elliot has the cutest little dimple on the right side of his face, which only appears when he smiles a bit.

Tonight, Elliot will be 5 days old! Over the past few days, we have had a multitude of visitors. Thank you to all of you who have brought meals and desserts! We can not thank you enough. It helps out so much to have these meals brought in. One less thing to worry about.

Although it's been a joyous time, I have also been exhausted with the new little one. On Sunday night, I slipped and fell in our kitchen on some water on the floor. I landed flat on my back, hit my head, and cut my hand (while trying to grab the stove for balance). So, along with recovering from delivery, I think recovering from this fall is even harder. Falling flat on your back 3 days after delivering a 10 lb baby is not a good idea. I am starting to feel a little better today, and the back bruising is not as bad today. I just want things to get back to "normal"...whatever that means. I can't wait to feel better again and get out walking with the dogs and take Elliot in the stroller. The weather is beautiful!

Here are some photos of the last few days and some of the many visitors we've had!

My Grandma (Elliot's Great Grandma) visting us soon after Elliot's birth.

Great Grandma with Elliot, her 12th great-grandchild!

Kateri & Luanna, big sisters, with their baby brother!

This is our babysitter, Megan, who could not wait to meet Elliot.

Ken's brother, Chris, his wife Sara and their son, Henry, visiting with Elliot.

My aunt Barbara visiting and bringing delicious meals!

Aunt Peggy visits with Elliot too.

Ken's sister, Sandy, with her daughter Ashley, visiting on Saturday.

Uncle Rick visits with his nephew.

My sister, Kathy, and her husband, Jeff, visit Elliot after their softball game on Sunday.

My Aunt Patty visits with Elliot

My friend Pidge, brings dinner, and visits with Elliot on Sunday night.

Elliot, next to the beautiful blue flowers from Aunt Bubu.

My midwife, Pam, came back on Saturday to check on us, get us paperwork for Elliot's birth certificate and do some footprints of Elliot. She is coming back today as well, for another postpartum visit.

No comments: