The happy Traben Family...with our new addition!He is finally here!! Yay! Last night at 9:57PM, May 1, 2008, Elliot Daniel was born, here at home with my family all around us and my midwife helping out! He is my biggest baby yet, which is to be expected, since he went a day past his due date, and all my others came 1-2 weeks early.
Elliot Daniel Traben
10 lbs, 4 oz
22 inches long

He is gorgeous and healthy with nice skin, dark brown hair and we think blue eyes at this point. My labor started at 6pm and was a fast and furious hard labor of 4 long hours. 4 hours may not seem like a long time, but it sure did at the time. Plus, he was a big guy, so it took awhile (and lots of pain) to get him out. But, here he is. I will just post some photos for you all to see. I've got to get back to nursing him! He is a pig and wants to nurse like every hour! Enjoy the photos! I have hundreds of photos, so I'm sure I will be posting even more in the next few days. But, here are a few for now.
-Betsy
Ken & Betsy, admiring their newest son.
Baby Elliot, fresh from birth...the midwives are getting a good look at him.
Betsy with her "Nurse" Fatsy. Fatsy never left my side for the whole labor and delivery. She was so curious and devoted to taking care of Betsy. What a dog!
Big brother Jeremy gets Elliot dressed, while Nurse Fatsy looks on to make sure all is well.
Luanna is now a big sister and was thrilled to have been present at the whole birth. She has been so curious about everything and is so excited to be a big sister!
Proud Daddy Ken!
3 comments:
Congratulations! Elliot Daniel is a very beautiful baby!
Lois O'Brien
BETS! I can't believe you already have these up!! and at 7:13 am!!
I joked last night saying that you'd do a new post the next morning!!
ahh that was so cool to see this little bundle of joy all of a sudden in this world! he was always here, but now we just see him!! so cool!! Congrats again! what a CUTIE!!!
~Mandy
Congratulations to all of you on your beautiful little boy! It sounds like such a wonderful labor and a joyful birth. Don't you just love Pam?!
Way to go Betsy! :)
We are so happy for all of you!
Love,
The Bresnahans
Post a Comment