

Speaking of Ken....he is just an awesome husband and father! If it were not for him being so great about caring for all the kids and dogs, (esp a newborn), I would never be able to go back to work so quickly. Because my job is very part time, I work very minimal hours away from the kids. With going in for once a week meetings, a few hours a week, leaving Elliot during that small amount of time has been OK, although I do RUSH home to see and nurse Elliot after the meetings are over. Ken is great about caring for him and I rarely worry when I leave the kiddos with Ken. He always does great with them all and never complains about anything with them, even though most days he is exhausted from his long days at work.
Ken rocking Elliot to sleep.Elliot does so well when I take him out places. He usually just sleeps...for now, and I usually carry him in the sling whenever we go out.
Mom and Elliot hanging out at the beach last Saturday. It was a beautiful night.The boys have started baseball games this week. Soccer is winding down now. And, we are preparing for summer...my most FAVORITE season of all!! The boys will be doing Baseball, Basketball and Tennis camps, as well as lots of swimming! The boys participated in the Memorial Day parade with their baseball teams. It was a nice parade and the weather was awesome.
The girls are finishing up their Dance classes, and their big Dance Recital is on Father's Day, which they have been rehearsing for. This summer the 2 girls will be starting Gymnastics and will take a break from dancing for awhile. I also hope to sign both of them up for Swim Lessons soon.
Luanna, sporting her favorite USA hat on Memorial day.
Kateri, enjoying watching Oliver's first baseball game, on Memorial Day.I can't believe we are heading into June already! We had basically finished up with homeschooling by mid April. We were able to finish up most of the school work before Elliot was born, which was my goal. I am still having the boys work on Math and Reading, and hope to continue that all summer.
Elliot is a joy to have around. Like all my babes, he has become very attached to Mom and vice versa! One of my favorite things to do with him is just when we are alone, usually late at night when everyone else is asleep. I turn on some music (lately it's been the new Taylor Swift CD, the Fergie "Dutchess" CD or any of our Toby Mac CDs'). I just rock him and dance with him until he falls asleep. Elliot just loves it!! He is so cute. Often now, he will just start to hear the music and will close his eyes, rest his head on my chest and smile because he associates it with dancing, calmness and time to be alone with Mom. Luckily I am a "night owl". I am used to staying up very late and being up at pretty much any time during the night (pregnancy helped with that!), so getting up with him during the night does not bother me too much, and the house is so quiet then, so it's nice. I try to catch up on my sleeping when he naps, if I can. But, as a Mom, I have learned to survive on little sleep I guess, and still feel OK. Another thing we like to do late at night is watch one of my favorite shows on the National Geographic Channel..."The Dog Whisperer" of course! I am appreciating all the time with him, for as we all know...this newborn stage lasts for toooo short of a time. Appreciate the time you have with these little ones. They are sooo precious!

The kids enjoying playing around on the beach.
Great Grandma O visiting with Elliot again, and Nurse Fatsy is always close by, of course.
My brother, John, totally surprised us and drove in from Columbus for a visit with Elliot on Memorial Day.
Grandma B (my mom) adoring her newest grand-son.
No comments:
Post a Comment